Saturday, July 23, 2016

Revolution and the Southern Cross

Reading of revolution
friends write of fearful conventions.
So far from my home.  I have forgotten.

Watching the sunset from my balcony apartment I look for the rising
of the Southern Cross.  I first went beneath it sixty years ago.  Now is the 
time to reflect on what happened in-between.  Marco Polo first identified
the Southern Cross in the 13th century with its stars Alpha and Beta in
the constellation Centauro. Every time I went beneath it I became pregnant 
which gave me a spirited family of Latinos to raise.

The youngest one, Tomas, has now brought his own family to Buenos
Aires where he will be teaching at the university for a month.

Every morning we go to the park and feed the birds our left over media Luna's
(croissants).  We noticed paraquits  driven from the jungle by deforestation.
They are feeding on fruits of the Brazilian silk tree which are the same size and color 
of the birds themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment